May 26, 2020

2020 – 05/21

If you’ve recently moved, you should inform the IRS of your new mailing address. On its website, the IRS has provided instructions on how to do so. A taxpayer who changes his or her address before filing a current tax return only needs to enter the new address on that return. If the taxpayer changes address after filing a return, he or she should directly notify the IRS of the new address by completing and mailing Form 8822, Change of Address (For Individual, Gift, Estate, or Generation-Skipping Transfer Tax Returns), or Form 8822-B, Change of Address or Responsible Party – Business (for employment, excise, income and other business returns). For more information: